ABOUT MAZE RUNNER 2022
MAZE RUNNER IS BACK!
This Historic Offroad event in the heart of the Rocky Mountains of Alberta Canada holds a labyrinth of trails spanning over 50km with a Special 15KM Hard Enduro Section for those who want to challenge themselves and get lost in the Maze Runner XC terrain.
Just 30 Min West of Sundre Alberta and 2.5Hrs North West of Calgary Alberta, Maze Runner XC has some of the best and most challenging Single track around in our forests, amazing views and plenty of Free-range Crown Land Camping and views of the mountains with direct access to the Red Deer River.
Featuring world-class terrain many Canadians train on to compete at events such as Romaniacs, Sea to Sky and Erzberg Rodeo, our single track, rock slides, hill climbs and amazing trails, you will get lost in the beauty of the mountains and glorious challenging terrain asking to never be pinched awake. Hard Enduro Riders Love it here! With Room for Monster Factory Rigs or just a Tent pitched in the Bush, You can get your own personal solitude off road Hard Enduro adventure customized to your liking.
12pm-6PM Rider Racer Signup
9am-11AM – Racer Signup
11:30AM – Staging
12:00pm Race Start.
HARD ENDURO MEDAL CLASSES
- Gold – Elite/Robots/Emotionally Damaged
- Silver – Experts/Pro
- Bronze – Intermediates
- Team Gold
- Team Silver
XC+Teaser Hard Enduro Classes
- Vet35* /Iron – Top JR /Intermediates
- Atom – JR to Harder Events & XC
*Vet35 May not have raced Expert/Pro/Masters at Any Time in their career.
Distance Event 50-150KM
- Gold – 3 Laps
- Silver, Cutoff When Gold has done 2 laps.
- Bronze/Vet35/Iron/ATOM – 1 Lap
Each Class will start with 20 Bikes Wide in the order which they signed up for the event.
Top 20 AMA/AHE/WESS Riders will Have Priority #’s and Placement.
20 Seconds Between Classes
This is a distance Event, Based on your Class and Skill Level you could be racing for 50-150KM
with pitstop every 50KM and Safety/Check at 25KM.
Original Race time was 1hr:32 for Top Gold Rider, We expect 2hr 30min for This events top
Gold Rider weather pending.
Event Rules – May be modified or changed/added at any time.
View ALL UPDATED rules on MAZE EVENT DRIVE
Unsure of a rule? Contact us [email protected], FB.com/mazerunnerxc or
@mazerunnerxc on Instagram.
● All motorcycles must be in good working order, Offroad Mufflers (no shorty/mx pipes)
may be used. Spark Arrestors are Required by Government of Alberta Forestry. All
Machines Require Registration & Insurance to be on Person During and After the Event.
● Gold Riders must Provide Last 6 Digits of Motorcycle VIN (Vehicle ID)
● Any Rider to have cut course as proven by helmet camera, Photo/Video Evidence,
Course Marshal/helpers or determined by time with scorekeeping will have that lap
removed or receive a Penalty or DSQ depending on severity.
● No Rider may PRERIDE the Areas Exclusion zone (marked by signs in such areas) and
surveyed with Trail Cameras. Doing so is 5min penalty of starting time or DSQ after
Finish line depending on severity
● Riders may WALK or Mountain bike the First 5km of course under MANUAL power, no E
Bike Support/Assistance is allowed
● Outside Assistance is forbidden, No Racer may receive outside assistance or fuel
with the exception with that of OIL, COOLANT, JBWELD, Batteries, Jumper Pack, Tube,
Tire Irons, Air Pump, Helping Bumpstart a Bike & Hydration/Energy Bar.
ANY TOOLS USED MUST BE THAT OF A COMPETITOR.
● At CHECK OR FINISH LINE a Rider may Repair/replace any PART of a motorcycle
including Motor, Frame Must remain Unchanged.
● Any Rider which has received OUTSIDE HELP or has been ELIMINATED (Taken out of
hard enduro by Sweeper/Support) Will be deemed that as TAINTED.
Eliminated/Tainted riders are to ride ONLY on the ATOM course from that point
forward and will be marked as such.
● No rider or Team of Riders may block the trail at any time
● GPS ARE FORBIDDEN – Any rider caught with a GPS unit or phone active with GPS
unit at anytime will be DSQ and barred from Racing any future events.
● If unable to advance your bike up the trail remove it as quick as you can to the side
● No rider may Advance or Pilot another riders bike
● Tie downs/Ropes/Leads may not be longer than 3Metres or 10 feet. They may not be
joined to any length.
● Tool belts/shirts/jackets may be joined to any length with no maximum.
● No rider/helper/spectator/marshal will grab the drive chain/sprocket to help advance a
bike at any time.
● Helmets must be worn at all time whole piloting a machine or helping another rider
● Tainted Riders are no longer allowed to help any rider who is not themselves
tainted or DSQ from the event.
● Riders must remain on the trail at ALL TIMES
● If a rider is broken down, they must remove their bike to the Side of the trail and remain
at the scene. Do not leave the area.
● If you are unable to get your bike back to the trail, Walk to the closest trail path and
● Any rider receiving fuel from sweepers/support will be TAINTED/DSQ and must ride
ATOM back to finishline.
● No rider may receive fuel from DSQ/Tainted or Course Marshal/Helper
● TAINTED Riders will be marked as such on their bike/Tags/helmet
● PROTESTS – Must be backed with 2+ unrelated riders to yourself and pitcrew, A
Marshal, Support Staff, VIDEO/PHOTO EVIDENCE. (he never pass me) is not a
● All Riders must Fillout and Provide Organizers with their Emergency Contact
CARD – https://dbnews.ca/maze-rider-emergency-card
● ALL RIDERS MUST CHECK OUT OF EVENT – FINISHING the event IS NOT
CHECKING OUT. VISIT , RACE EXIT TO CHECK OUT OF EVENT AND COLLECT
YOUR EMERGENCY CARD.
● All Racers/Crew/Pit/Spectators must act respectful, professional and courteous at
● Riding against track direction will result in DSQ
● Course may not be modified to negatively effect another rider, ie move log into the trail,
remove item/rock from course to create large hole, place any items/logs across trail to
impede other riders.
● Missing a Checkpoint, Artifact, Tags is Disqualification
● NO passing, revving, Yelling, Abusive, vulgar or derogatory comments at any time in
Check areas, Failure is Disqualification
● Marshals/Officials may retire you from the event at anytime if they deem you at risk, ill
equipped, or a general liability to yourself or others. Safety is Paramount for all involved.
● Riders MUST at all times show their Race # on their Helmet and Bike. Failure will result
in disqualification or marshalls to stop and identify bikes & Riders.
● Racers who are deemed disqualified, DNF, retired, banned, a Finisher or OUT OF FUEL
racers are not allowed to assist any participant.
● A Finish may Sweep the Event however may only coach/Guide Active Participants
● Once Gold has completed 3 Laps and a sweep has been done can the course be
reversed to bring DSQ/Tainted/Expired riders back to camp.
● FUELING – All fueling must be done in the PIT area on a Impervious non porous
Mat/Rubber/Carpet with Backing. Notify Organizers of Any and All Fuel Spills.
● NO SMOKING/VAPING IN Race PITS / ORGANIZER CAMP, Finishline PERIOD.
● Physical/Verbal Altercations, On/Off Course Will result in any involved to be Disqualified
and Banned from Future Events.
● MANDATORY ASSISTANCE ZONES – Racers MUST adhere to marshals and have
assistance in these zones to prevent injury due to extreme inclines. No passing in these
zones at any time.
● Machines may be Repaired on course by any Rider on the Course and Share/Borrow
Parts from an ACTIVE participant only. Penalty is Disqualifcation.
● No Rider May Switch Motorcycles at any time.
● TIRES – All Rubber Tires including trials tire are allowed to be used, No Gripstuds, Metal
studs, Chains, Spikes may be used in any tire.
● Tampering, Adjusting, Moving flags at any time is a DSQ and bannable offense unless
directed by an Official or Organizer.
● Team Riders must ENTER and LEAVE all Checks Together.
● Team Riders may not block another team from advancing if their team is stuck from
● Team Riders Must let another team in different Category pass at earliest convenience
● No team may substitute another rider at any time after the end of Sign in
● Teams limit is 2 persons
Live Results are provided as a courtesy, they are constantly being audited and
evaluated and may change at any time.
Scoring is Done via Manual + RFID Scoring.
CHECK 25KM Scorepoint is of convenience and not guaranteed correct, accurate